97 Days of Summer Kickoff Concert River Crew Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 97 Days of Summer Kickoff Concert River Crew Contest (the “Contest”) is only open to Georgia residents who are 18 years or older with a valid Georgia Driver’s License or Georgia State Issued ID at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WSRV-FM (“Sponsor”), and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. The use of automatic telephone dialing equipment or other software or computer assisted dialing equipment is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household every thirty (30) days on any of the Cox Media Group, Inc. radio stations in Atlanta, Georgia (WSB-AM, WSB-FM, WSBB, WALR, and WSRV).
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 6:00 p.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, March 21, 2013 and end at 6:30 p.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, March 21, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
To participate in the Contest, listen to 97.1 The River between 6:00 p.m. (E.T.) and 6:30 p.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, March 21, 2013. When you hear “Ridin’ The Storm Out” by REO Speedwagon, be the 25th caller to 404-741-9797, and you’ll win two (2) tickets to the 97 Days of Summer Kickoff Concert featuring Styx and REO Speedwagon with Ted Nugent on Sunday, May 5, 2013 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta, Georgia. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the 25th caller will be declared a winner.
Any winning contestant must be the participant who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to participate in the Contest. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in the Contest on another person's behalf. A contestant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Georgia Driver’s License or Georgia State Issued ID. If a contestant uses a false name, an invalid Georgia Driver’s License or Georgia State Issued ID, or another person's Georgia Driver’s License or Georgia State Issued ID, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Contest and be ineligible to win any prize, and may result in legal ramifications.
Maximum one (1) entry per person and per household during the Contest Period.
The use of multiple identities is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification.
Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Contest Line (404-741-9797) or for a contestant’s failure to reach the Contest Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, overload, busy signals, cell phone drop out, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to WSRV-FM during the time(s) of the Contest and prior to identifying and accepting the 25th caller, the call-in period affected by the interruption may or may not be replayed at the resumption of service, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Listeners accessing our station audio via IP (eye-pee) connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor will not be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Contest, listeners acknowledge their understanding and agreement to this specific provision within these Official Rules.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the 25th caller will be declared a winner whenever “Ridin’ The Storm Out” by REO Speedwagon plays between 6:00 p.m. (E.T.) and 6:30 p.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, March 21, 2013.
The odds of winning depend on the total number of people attempting to call 404-741-9797 when “Ridin’ The Storm Out” by REO Speedwagon plays.
5. Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) tickets to the 97 Days of Summer Kickoff Concert featuring Styx and REO Speedwagon with Ted Nugent on Sunday, May 5, 2013 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta, Georgia.
ARV of Grand Prize: $78.00
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the 97 Days of Summer Kickoff Concert (“Event”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future event. Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Event tickets may govern if the Event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Event tickets, vouchers, or certificates. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be paid in the event Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, or any portion of it, closes or is unavailable.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance.
Sponsor will notify winner during his/her initial telephone call to WSRV-FM upon verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
In order to accept a prize, winner must complete all necessary paperwork required by Sponsor.
To claim a prize, winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1601 West Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309 within fourteen (14) business days of notification and must present a valid government-issued photo ID. Office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays.
Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within ten (10) days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the winner’s disqualification.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. Any telephone calls placed to the WSRV-FM Contest Line may be recorded for use on air any time.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The 97 Days of Summer Kickoff Concert River Crew Contest is sponsored by Cox Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WSRV-FM. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Contest at any time. For a list of winners (available after Wednesday, April 10, 2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.971theriver.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List” or “Official Rules” (as applicable), 97 Days of Summer Kickoff Concert River Crew Contest, 1601 West Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department of WSRV-FM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at 1601 West Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.