Morning Coffee Break 2022 97.1 The River Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Morning Coffee Break 2022 97.1 The River Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the State of Georgia with a valid Georgia driver’s license or Georgia state ID and who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Atlanta (“Sponsor”), Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., Higher Tech Realty, LLC, d/b/a Mark Spain Real Estate, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
Limit: Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any Sweepstakes sponsored or administered by any of the CMG Atlanta radio stations: WSB-AM, WSB-FM, WSBB, WALR, and WSRV (each, a “Station”). If you or a member of your household has won a prize from any Station within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 28, 2022 and end 11:59 p.m. EST on December 22, 2022 (the “Aggregated Sweepstakes Period”) with up to fifty (50) different opportunities to enter and win (each, a “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Each Sweepstakes Entry Period is set forth below. Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
Enter during any Sweepstakes Entry Period by visiting the Morning Coffee Break 2022 97.1 The River Sweepstakes official registration page at the “Sweepstakes” page at www.971THERIVER.com (the “Website”) or on the 97.1 The River mobile application (the “App”) and complete all of the required information and following all posted instructions.
(i) To enter via Sponsor’s Website, you must complete the following steps:
1. Enter by visiting the “Sweepstakes” page at http://www.971THERIVER.com, selecting the “Morning Coffee Break 2022″ link and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions.
(ii) To enter via Sponsor’s App, you must complete the following steps (standard data rates may apply):
1. Download and install the 97.1 The River App on a compatible mobile device from either Google® Play or the iTunes® App Store.
2. Once you have installed the App, click the “Morning Coffee Break 2022″ tab on the App’s main menu to register for the Sweepstakes. Follow the instructions on the registration page and complete all of the required information to submit an official entry form. All of the information you provide must be complete and accurate. Entrants who submit an invalid phone number or email address may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Failure to complete any of the steps in this section may result in the disqualification of your attempted entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any issue that may prevent a participant from being able to download or access the App or complete his/her entry.
An entry received through either the Sponsor’s website or the App, consistent with these Official Rules, will result in one (1) entry for the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of whether entering via the Website or App.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes Entry Periods (all dates are in 2022):
|Entry Period||Entry start (5:00 a.m.)||Entry end (9:00 a.m.)||Winner selection|
|1||February 28||March 4||March 4|
|2||February 28||March 11||March 11|
|3||February 28||March 18||March 18|
|4||February 28||March 25||March 25|
|5||February 28||April 1||April 1|
|6||February 28||April 8||April 8|
|7||February 28||April 15||April 15|
|8||February 28||April 22||April 22|
|9||February 28||April 29||April 29|
|10||February 28||May 6||May 6|
|11||February 28||May 13||May 13|
|12||February 28||May 20||May 20|
|13||February 28||May 27||May 27|
|14||February 28||June 3||June 3|
|15||February 28||June 10||June 10|
|16||February 28||June 17||June 17|
|17||February 28||June 24||June 24|
|18||February 28||July 1||July 1|
|19||February 28||July 8||July 8|
|20||February 28||July 15||July 15|
|21||February 28||July 22||July 22|
|22||February 28||July 29||July 29|
|23||February 28||August 5||August 5|
|24||February 28||August 12||August 12|
|25||February 28||August 19||August 19|
|26||February 28||August 26||August 26|
|27||February 28||September 2||September 2|
|28||February 28||September 9||September 9|
|29||February 28||September 16||September 16|
|30||February 28||September 23||September 23|
|31||February 28||September 30||September 30|
|32||February 28||October 7||October 7|
|33||February 28||October 14||October 14|
|34||February 28||October 21||October 21|
|35||February 28||October 28||October 28|
|36||February 28||November 4||November 4|
|37||February 28||November 11||November 11|
|38||February 28||November 18||November 18|
|39||February 28||November 23||November 23|
|40||February 28||December 2||December 2|
|41||February 28||December 9||December 9|
|42||February 28||December 16||December 16|
|43||February 28||December 22||December 22|
4. Winner Selection.
After the end of each Sweepstakes Entry Period and on the Winner Selection date as noted above, five (5) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during such Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize Description. Two-hundred and fifteen (215) prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each winner will receive one (1) travel coffee mug and one (1) pound of coffee. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $25. Total ARV of all prizes: $5,375.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified on or about date listed above for each Winner Selection Date at the telephone number or email address provided on the potential winner’s Entry form. In order to win, the potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification at the time of notice or attempted notice.
Winner name and city will be announced the week following Winner Selection date, on the air on WSRV-FM at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within two (2) business days of notice or attempted notice.
Unless otherwise advised by Sponsor, to claim the prize, potential winner may be required to personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1601 W. Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309 within thirty (30) days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. EST and 5:00 p.m. EST, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued Georgia State photo ID. If the Sponsor’s offices are not open to the public, the winner’s representative will be required to provide a valid government-issued Georgia State photo ID and electronically sign a release form within thirty (30) days after notification.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within thirty (30) days days/hours of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor and/or Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
8. Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., HIGHER TECH REALTY, LLC, d/b/a MARK SPAIN REAL ESTATE, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO SUCH PARTY. BY ENTERING, YOU, GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
9. Indemnification. If Sponsor’s use of your Entry causes Sponsor to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your Entry.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based upon which entries received the highest scores according to the judging criteria” or “the entries that received the highest number of votes.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Sponsor. The Morning Coffee Break 2022 97.1 The River Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cox Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Atlanta. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 4, 2023) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://www.971THERIVER.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Morning Coffee Break 2022 97.1 The River Sweepstakes, 1601 W. Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309, Attn: Amanda Allwood/WSRV Promotions. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Amanda.allwood@CMG.com.
©2022 Cox Media Group