May 08, 2013
5 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals “ Agenda ”
08:15 AM Registration 08:30 - 9:30 AM
Sustainable Design uses for Large Opening Wall Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: SD0001
Provider: Nanawall Systems, Inc.
Presenter: Chuck Braun
Learning Objective 1: Familiarize attendees with terminology, capabilities, and usage of large
operable glass walls
Learning Objective 2: Provide answers of how large operable glass walls play a vital role in
sustainable /GREEN design
Learning Objective 3: Demonstrate how the function of operable glass wall systems improve
the Health, Safety, and Welfare of building occupants
Learning Objective 4: Illustrate new ideas to tke into the design process of schools, hospitals,
and other commercial applications and to help attendees through that
09:40 - 10:40 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C (Course Updated)
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Phillip Devore
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.” 10:50 - 11:50 AM
Spray Polyurethane Foam in Masonry Building Construction
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: NCFI03
AIA Provider: NCFI Polyurethanes
Presenter: Steve Loftis
This will be an introduction into the properties and uses of SPF for insulation.
The presentation will cover various commercial wall designs with emphasis on the application
of SPF in masonry buildings and the unique characteristics of SPF that offer multiple functionality
(insulation, dampproofing, waterproofing, air barrier, vapor retarder) as a building material with a
detailed discussion of SPF applications and benefits. 11:50 - 12:20 PM Lunch Provided 12:20 - 01:20 PM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: 003696
AIA Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Chuck Smith
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker Productivity & Energy Savings.
5. Life Savety Communications.
01:30 - 02:30 PM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: IMU07C
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Aaron Leland
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
Atlanta, GA CE Academy 26.62