Kids | Family
ATLANTA (January 29, 2013) – After a year of successful builds, memorable events and new adventures, LEGOLAND Discovery Center is ready to celebrate its first birthday with an all-out LEGO-filled bash! The attraction is doing it big with a whole week devoted to the celebration, March 16-23. Area LEGO lovers are invited to join LEGOLAND Discovery Center for a week of themed builds, giveaways, mini birthday activities, crafts and fun visits with the attraction’s mascot, Bertie.
“We are all so thankful for and overwhelmed by the support the community has shown LEGOLAND Discovery Center during our first year in Atlanta, “said General Manager Penda Meftah. “After a fun first year, we’re thrilled to continue the momentum with our birthday week festivities. We hope all of our friends come celebrate with us!”
Birthday celebration activities include:
• Saturday, March 16 will kick off birthday celebrations with cake, ice cream and a fun game of pin the tail on Bertie! Children will also have the opportunity to spin the color wheel for a chance to help Bertie open his gifts and win prizes.
• Sunday, March 17 is the official Birthday of LEGOLAND Discovery Center, and Bertie is throwing a party complete with cake, party hats, noisemakers, face painting and giveaways—plus a few surprises from some of the attraction’s friends!
• Monday, March 18 (12-2p.m.) is a Pirate Party Day! Arrgh! Guests will get a sneak peek of upcoming platinum party packages with Pirate themed giveaways, special mini builds, cake and pirates galore! Guests are encouraged to dress in their pirate best and join the scallywag crew at LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
• Tuesday, March 19 (12-2p.m.) will be a Party for Princesses. Girls are invited to grab their tiaras and their best princess dress for a royal princess tea party complete with princess crafts, cake and prizes!
• Wednesday March 20 (12-2p.m.) will be a party that is out of this world! Space Party Day will include special meet and greets with some of the Galactic Empire’s finest plus cake, giveaways and prizes. Guests are encouraged to don their finest galactic gear and suit up for a quest in space!
• Thursday, March 21 (12– 2p.m.) is Super Hero Party Day! – Kids will get a chance to break out their masks and capes to celebrate as their favorite Super Hero! Come enjoy birthday celebrations with cake, prizes and a Super Hero mask craft. Staff will be adorned in their Super Suits ready to celebrate with fellow Super Heroes!
• Friday, March 22 (12– 2p.m.) is a day to celebrate fun in the sun at LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s Beach Party Day! Guests will enjoy cake, prizes, giveaways and building challenges while soaking up some beach fun!
• Saturday, March 23 will be the last day to celebrate LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s first birthday! The party will include special prizes, giveaways, building challenges and a special guest appearance by the Easter Bunny!
About Merlin Entertainments Group
MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates more than 90 attractions, seven hotels/two holiday villages in 20 countries and across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 46 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 18,000 employees. Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The EDF Energy London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park, WILD LIFE Sydney, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK, Siam Ocean World and Busan Aquarium. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
Merlin currently has seventeen attractions in the USA including the stunning LEGOLAND Florida theme park with its new Water Park; LEGOLAND California theme park with its exciting Water Park, and SEA LIFE aquarium (a hotel will also open in 2013); Madame Tussauds attractions in New York, Washington DC, Las Vegas and Hollywood; LEGOLAND Discovery Centers in Chicago; Dallas/Fort Worth; Kansas City Missouri; and Atlanta, Georgia; and SEA LIFE aquariums in Phoenix, Arizona; Kansas City, Missouri; Dallas/Fort Worth; the Mall of America in Minneapolis, underlining the company’s position as the world’s biggest global aquarium operator.